1. My mom took pills to keep her happy after my dad packed his bags and walked out the door. He forgot to leave her happiness with her.
2. My best friend started skipping meals so she could look like the bottle blonde who took her boyfriend’s heart for one night and then left him broken.
3. My cousin got stuck stripping for middle aged men whose wives couldn’t satisfy their needs anymore, just so she could raise her child the same way she would have been raised if her father hadn’t decided to take her childhood with her when he walked out the front door.
4. My brother started asking me why mommy cried every night and brought home strange, drunk men who would always stay over and why I always had bandaids covering my wrists.
5. The bruises on my skin were just simple mistakes that he could have, but didn’t, fix. My heart was a piece of paper that he crumpled and ripped up and gave to his dog to chew on. My face was a work of art that he created.
6. After he told me that he wanted me gone from his life, I tried driving home but I had to pull over because his scent was still there, and it was suffocating me. When I could finally breathe, I swear to god I saw him in the passenger seat. He was laughing.
7. My friend started unscrewing razors from sharpeners and drinking bottles of vodka on a daily basis when her boyfriend left her. I never saw her sober after that, but I saw the mutilated skin dashed on her arms.
8. I remember being rushed into a hospital room after I had taken more pills than I probably should have. I remember seeing fluorescent lights and hearing white sneakers screeching and wheels rolling. I remember seeing my mother after two days, only to see her crying and asking why I did what I did. I remember that his name was on the tip of my tongue, and it was taking me every single fiber that had not already been exhausted to not scream it out.
9. After my dad had pushed my mom into a wall and walked out, she took out her feelings by drinking alcohol and treating us the same way he had treated her before he left. I came home an hour over curfew one night and she pushed me into the same wall she had once been forced onto and I swear I could feel the remains of what little soul she had before my dad killed it and almost killed her in the process of doing so.
10. I woke up one day and finally realized that since you left, everything was the same. The sky was still blue, the grass was still green, and I was still me. I could hear my heart beating and the clock ticking and I came to the conclusion that I didn’t need you to make me feel alive anymore.
Being pregnant doesn’t end your life.
but it definitely can
arguing against abortion ruins these people’s lives because people like you would rather guilt trip them into raising a child they aren’t ready for :’)
You know what? 99 percent of the time it’s the persons fault they are pregnant. You have to learn to live with your responsibilities. You can’t just walk away from them. I understand some people aren’t ready to be parents, that’s why we have adoption.
because rape, broken condoms, and failed birth control aren’t a thing
'YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH YOUR RESPONSIBILITY'
it’s your fault you got into that car accident. you consented to being crushed in a car wreck the MOMENT you got into a car. what, seat belts?who cares about seat belts! you got into a car!
also, advocating that someone be put into american’s broken-ass adoption system is basically signing them up for a bullshit life
even fucking once upon a time of all shows touches upon this shit; how the fuck are you still this ignorant?
also, you carry around a parasite in your uterus for 9 months and see how you fucking like morning sickness and all the other discomforts that come with pregnancy
When you consent to having sex, you should be ready for a child. That’s the whole point of our sex organs! Make more babies! And it only feels so good because it wants you to reproduce more!
where’s templeofeuropa when i need him
"that’s the whole point of our sex organs"
lmao i’m gay so
no it’s really not, not for me
but yeah i’m not even going to bother with the rest of your post because
wow holy shit
"OMG SEX IS JUST FOR PROCREATION" how much of a fucking boring homophobic prude are you?
(and psst the car analogy is spot-on, actually)
also “THOSE ARE JUST LIES ABOUT THE ADOPTION INDUSTRY”
holy shit what the actual fuck is wrong with you? do you feel good lying to people? do you feel good shaming and ridiculing those that’ve been in the adoption system? i’m gonna trust people who’ve ACTUALLY BEEN IN THE FUCKING ADOPTION SYSTEM over your stupid bullshit ok :’)
and pssst, a fetus isn’t a baby and never will be. it’s a clump of cells with no feelings.
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD ADD. THAT I AM A CLUMP OF CELLS AND YOU ARE A CLUMP OF CELLS. WE ARE ALL CELLS. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT?! FROM THE MOMENT OF CONCEPTION THAT BABY HAS 46 CHROMOSOMES. THE SAME AS ME AND YOU. THE BABY DEVELOPS A HEART BEAT AT 5 WEEKS, A HEART.
does it have a brain, or feelings? sentience?
no, it doesn’t
it’s not human
i’m not a clump of cells, i’m a fully-fledged human being who has been on this planet for 21 years.
and if my mom wanted to get an abortion? i honestly wouldn’t have blamed her
animals have chromosomes and lives and feelings too, but we fuckin’ eat ‘em
so only human ‘lives’ (put in airquotes because fetuses aren’t babies!) matter?